Greater Rochester LEAH is not a church and should in no way replace your involvement in a local church. However, you do need to understand our statement of faith because it affects the way we operate. All applications are subject to approval by the Board and we reserve the right to dismiss members who harm the testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Greater Rochester LEAH group.
- The Bible to be the infallible Word of God, the supreme and final authority for all faith and life.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three person; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, and His imminent bodily return in power and glory.
- Man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only those who put their faith in Jesus Christ alone, not trusting in any personal works whatsoever, can be saved.
- Salvation is the free gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ alone, whose substitutionary death on the cross paid the penalty for man’s sin.
- The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict men, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- God created man and woman after His own image and that God has ordained marriage, consisting of one man and one woman, to be the foundation of the family and to be the only legitimate and godly expression of sexuality.
- In the spiritual unity of believers through our common faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that individual doctrinal differences which may exist, outside of the aforementioned (1-7), should not hinder the unity of Christian home educators.